If your hearing aid isn’t working properly when you put it in, you might be able to fix the problem yourself. One of the most likely problems is that the hearing aid dome or the filter underneath is clogged with earwax. Here’s what you need to do to troubleshoot this problem:
- Try brushing the dome with your cleaning tool
- Or use the pick side of your cleaning tool to clean the center of the dome.
If your hearing aid is still not working, then it’s time to try changing the wax filter:
- Remove the dome.
- Open your case of wax filters and remove one of the sticks; each stick has an empty end and an end with a new filter.
- Take the empty end and place it into the center of the old filter to remove the old filter.
- Flip the stick to the end with the new filter and place the new filter in.
- Re-attach the dome.
If your hearing aid is still not working after trying out this troubleshooting, then click here to get in touch with Clarity Hearing, Houston’s leading hearing care experts, who will be happy to fix your hearing aid for you.
Scott Marquardt is the owner of Clarity Hearing and a highly skilled audiologist who has been in practice for over 20 years. Dr. Marquardt earned a master’s degree in audiology from Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, and a doctorate from A.T. Still University. He is a member of the American Speech Language Hearing Association and a fellow of the American Academy of Audiology. He and the team offer comprehensive hearing healthcare services and specialize in the care of tinnitus, imbalance, and auditory processing disorders.