The ReSound App is a useful tool that allows you to customize settings on your hearing aids in any environment. It’s especially helpful when you can’t visit our office since it has an Assist feature, which lets doctors adjust hearing aids remotely. But this feature is new to many patients, so we want to help you learn how to use it. Many of the problems with the Assist feature stem from underlying operating issues, not the App itself. Here are some simple ways to troubleshoot the Assist function on your ReSound App. Don’t hesitate to call us with any questions! Clarity Hearing offers remote assistance and Tele Audiology consultations for all of our patients whenever you need us.
1. Preparing Your Phone:
- On your phone, go to “Settings,” then “Bluetooth,” and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Then press “Accessibility,” and select “Hearing Devices” on your phone.
2. Connecting Your Hearing Aids to Your Phone:
- If you’ve connected before, select your hearing aids under “Hearing Devices” on your phone and scroll down to select “Forget this Device.”
- Afterward, or for your first connection, turn your hearing aids off and remove the batteries or put rechargeable aids in the charger.
- Turn your hearing aids back on and replace the batteries or remove rechargeable aids from the charger.
- On your phone screen, wait for your hearing aids to pop up under “Hearing Devices.”
- Then press the prompt that says, “Triple-click the Home button at any time to show hearing device options.”
- The phone will send you a “Bluetooth Pairing Request.”
- Press “Pair” once for one hearing aid, or twice for two aids.
3. Troubleshooting ReSound Assist Once You’re Paired:
- Make sure your cell phone software is up to date.
- Close other apps that might interfere with ReSound.
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth off and back on.
- Turn your phone off and back on, at least weekly.
- Close and reopen the ReSound App.
- Delete the ReSound app and download it again.
- Turn “Demo Mode” on and off on the ReSound app under the “More” tab. Then restart devices.
- Check if Bluetooth is allowed in your ReSound App under “Settings.”
4. Enjoying the Comfort of ReSound Assist
Once you’re up and running, ReSound Assist brings the reassurance that your doctor is just a click away. Five simple features of ReSound bring our caring team right to your home.
- You send a description of your hearing issue through the App.
- We receive the request and an automatic record of your hearing aid’s settings.
- We send precise fine-tuning and messages directly to your ReSound App.
- You place your hearing aids near your phone and tap “Install” for instant updates.
- You send feedback to us about your new settings through the “Rate My Sound” feature.
At Clarity Hearing, we provide the latest technology to offer the highest quality sound. But sometimes new things take a little practice, and that’s why we’re here to help. With these tips, you’ll enjoy the freedom of ReSound Assistance no matter where you are. If you require further assistance, please call us at (936) 273-4437 or click here to schedule your Tele Audiology consultation.