It’s quite concerning when the hearing aid you depend on suddenly stops working. You wonder how you’ll get through the day without this essential device.
You also wonder how much it will cost to repair the problem.
The team at Clarity Hearing is here to relieve both of those concerns.
Our hearing aid experts can quickly assess the problem and often repair it in our office.
In fact, many hearing aid problems can be fixed at home with our simple tips.
Also, we partner with manufacturers to ensure fast and affordable repairs and replacements for severe damage.
We’ll make sure your hearing is restored promptly with minimal expense.
Things to Try Before Seeking Repairs
If your hearing aid is acting up, don’t panic.
There are several simple reasons hearing aids sound distorted, and many issues can be fixed at home.
You might need a slight adjustment or a thorough cleaning to restore quality sound.
- Check the battery life.
- Make sure the power is on.
- Ensure that the volume is high enough.
- Reinsert the hearing aid in your ear for better positioning.
- Dry the device out overnight if it is wet.
- Clean dirt and earwax build-up by brushing the dome and cleaning the dome’s center with your pick tool.
- Remove the dome. Use the empty end of a new wax filter stick to remove the old filter. Then flip and insert the new filter.
The Cost of Hearing Aid Repairs
Clarity Hearing partners with all major insurance providers, including BCBS, Humana, Aetna, Tri-Care, Cigna, and Medicare.
If your hearing aids require a repair, then the cost is dependent on various factors such as warranty and the extent of repair. The costs are as follows:
- Manufacturer repair that is out of warranty: $250 The manufacturer gives a 1 yr warranty on the repair.
- Manufacturer repair that is older than 5 years: $250, but manufacturer may only give a 6-month warranty.
- In-office repairs in warranty (existing patient): No charge
- In-office repairs out of warranty: up to $100
- In-office repairs in or out of warranty (not existing patient): $100
In-office repairs are limited by the scope of the issue and may require aids to be sent to the manufacturer.
Particularly while your hearing aids are under warranty, repairs and replacements are often free of charge.
How to Hear While Devices Are Repaired
Clarity Hearing’s skilled team can often repair hearing aids remotely from the comfort of your home, with innovative features like the ReSound App.
You alert us through the App, and we can send adjustments digitally to correct the problem immediately.
When your device needs to be repaired in-office or sent to the manufacturer, we offer loaner devices, so you never miss one second of sound. We have a large selection of loaner aids, including in-the-ear, in-canal, and over-the-ear devices.
We’ll select the perfect hearing aid for you to maintain optimal sound while you wait for repairs.
Contact Clarity Hearing for Swift and Affordable Hearing Aid Repair
If you’re struggling to hear correctly, don’t postpone an assessment because you’re concerned about repair costs.
Clarity Hearing is locally owned and operated, and we treat our patients with the utmost care, providing the best possible rates.
We offer 5 convenient locations so you can access repairs quickly and easily. Our team is committed to swift and affordable repairs for all hearing aid issues.
We know how much you depend on your hearing aids, which is why we offer the most dependable hearing aid repair service.