The thought of pairing your hearing aids to your iPhone or an iPad might feel overwhelming, but technology can be fun, and when you get this done, you’ll really enjoy it.
iPhone and iPad Pairing
- The first thing you want to do is go to Settings.
- Then you want to make sure that your Bluetooth is on, so tap on Bluetooth to see.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Then go back to Settings and scroll down to Accessibility.
- Then scroll down to Hearing Devices.
At this point, you’re going to want to reboot your hearing aids so the app can “see” them.
- For rechargeable hearing aids – Put the hearing aids in the charger, wait for a second, and then pull the hearing aids back out. That puts the hearing aids into pairing mode.
- If you have regular battery-operated hearing aids – All you need to do is open and close the battery doors on your hearing aids.
Now that your hearing aids are in pairing mode:
- On your screen, you’ll see your name and the name of the hearing aids. And when you see an R and an L below the name of the hearing aids, tap on that, and then you will get two pairing messages.
- Click on Pair and then you’ll get the second pairing message.
- Click on Pair again and you’re good to go!
- You can exit out of the screen.
To Unpair Your Hearing Aids
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Go back to Settings and scroll down to Accessibility.
- Scroll down to Hearing Devices.
- Tap the Info
- Tap Forget This Device.
- Your hearing aids are now unpaired.
If you’re still having difficulty pairing or unpairing your hearing aids with your iPhone or iPad, call us. We’re always happy to help.