I’ve been an audiologist for a long time, so I know how important it is to make sure I always do what’s needed to keep my hearing as good as it can be.
Thankfully, I’m surrounded by some of the best audiologists in Houston, so I knew who to turn to for my latest need – earwax removal.
I got my ears cleaned out recently because I had tons of wax in my ears, which happens all the time. Fortunately, we’ve got this great piece of equipment called the Earigator at the clinic, and that’s what Dr. Katie used to wash my ears out.
I was really excited about this because I couldn’t hear very well, and my ears were really messed up because of it.
- First, Dr. Katie took a look in my ears so we could see what the blockage was and make sure it was just earwax. It wasn’t completely blocked. I turned to face the other wall while she looked in the opposite ear, and there wasn’t as much earwax in that ear.
- Katie had me assist her by holding a basin from my opposite hand right up to the earlobe to catch the warm water coming out of my ear.
- She explained that the Earigator would gently flush the wax out of my ear. She said she would start out slow, but depending on how difficult it was to get it to come out, she might need to apply a little bit more pressure. My job was to let her know if anything was uncomfortable, in which case she’d readjust the water flow.
- Katie monitored me the whole time, making sure I was comfortable, and she let me know how successful the procedure was going.
- She grabbed a napkin to dry my ear a little bit and then had a look to make sure all the earwax was removed.
It looked excellent and she could see the eardrum clearly. All that wax that was attached to the ear canal was now gone. My ear was squeaky clean.
Dr. Katie flushed the earwax out of my other ear the same way. Most of it came out quickly, but there was one little stubborn piece that she looked at with an otoscope and removed.
All of that wax that was in there was now gone and she could see the eardrum clearly. I was a happy man.
Want Your Earwax Removed?
Schedule this simple procedure to end the muffled sounds you’re hearing. It’s quick and painless, and you’ll walk out feeling as great as I did.
If you have any questions about the procedure, contact us. We’re always happy to help and address any concerns.