Hearing aids sure aren’t cheap. In fact, even a basic device can set you back around $3,600, let alone if you would like one featuring all the latest technology. They can come in at a whopping $7,000. And that is each. If you need one for each ear, you’ll be looking at a cost that can feel like it’s breaking the bank. It doesn’t help that Medicare and the majority of health insurance providers don’t cover them.
So Why do Hearing Aids Cost so Much?
The answer is in the technology. Modern hearing aids don’t just amplify sound. Within their increasingly tiny form, they have tools to:
- Block out background noise completely, including wind and chatter in busy places;
- Focus on picking up sound in several different points within a room;
- Connect wirelessly to just about any piece of household technology using Bluetooth;
- And even answer calls on your smartphone.
Technology is advancing so fast that the research and development in the world of audiology is never at a standstill. This means ongoing and rising costs are created for hearing aid manufacturers and designers to stay ahead of the game.
The good news is that these rising prices are not sustainable and more affordable hearing aids are thought to be just around the corner. The price bubble will eventually pop. Here at Clarity Hearing, we will be first in line to offer our customers the best possible deals.
In the meantime, you need to ensure that this substantial investment is spent in the wisest way possible. Buying from an online dispensary may seem to shave dollars from the price, but it really pays to think of the whole package. At a family audiologist like us, you will not only receive the device, you will also receive:
- Expert advice as to the best choice for you;
- Professional fitting to ensure it is perfect for your ear;
- Aftercare and ongoing support
If you are ready to make an investment in your hearing health, give our friendly team a call and let’s discuss the best options to get you the best value.